Friday, February 24, 2012

Bird Love


Years ago, I never thought parrots could be such fun pets. Now I own three. Can you tell I've changed my mind? I love all other animals; I think each one brings something different to your life. But I simply love birds as pets. I find that they are most like people out of all of the pets. They take a long time to trust you, but once they do, their affection is undying. They call for you when they don't know where you are (if they don't learn to talk this could get annoying). It's also normal to find a bird playing with your hair, preening it strand by strand or taking you hair clip out for you ("thanks!"). And if they need to get clean, they just hop right in the shower with me. When I'm sitting quietly, they perch and relax and when I get up and dance around my dining room they will dance with me (they actually dance). I love birds!

On the left is Chip, the Caique and on the right is Comet, the Green Cheek Conure (cinnamon mutation).

No comments:

Post a Comment